Lose weight healthily – tips & tricks!
Are you looking for tips and tricks to lose weight healthily? We have inspiration on how to lose weight sustainably. We also have the best tips on how to keep losing weight and avoid a yo-yo effect.
Tips to help you sustainably lose weight
If you want to lose weight sustainably and in a healthy way, you should avoid crash diets. One-sided mono-diets are also not recommended. A fundamental change in diet is better.
The total number of calories you can consume per day depends on your gender, age, height and body type. For adults with an average body mass index (BMI) of 22, the guideline value is 2,300 calories for men between 25 and 50 years of age and 1,800 calories for women. If you move around a lot, you consume more.
To lose one kilogram of fat, you need to cut a total of 7,000 calories. To lose weight healthily and sustainably, it’s best to save between 300 and 500 calories every day. We have simple tips for losing weight for you:
- Only go shopping if you have eaten beforehand. With an empty stomach you will be more generous and less picky when shopping.
- Only buy what is on the shopping list.
- Choose smaller portions. Larger portions are often cheaper, but they have a lot more calories and ultimately you eat more. Plus, there’s less chance of spoiling.
- Don’t buy a large supply of sweets and snacks to store at home.
- Write a food and weight log. This makes many habits and eating mistakes visible. And only recognized errors can be solved. Correcting the mistakes will help you lose weight.
- Don’t skip a meal. Otherwise you will hit even harder the next time.
Tricks to numb your cravings
Do you often eat too much or have a craving for sweets? We have tips on how to deal with it.
- Always have a filling snack ready for in between: Apple, carrot, kohlrabi, crispbread or multi-grain rolls, diluted fruit juice, hot tea and vegetable broth, low-fat milk or buttermilk are suitable.
- If you crave sweets: eat raisins or sweet fruit. Better: Distract yourself with exercise and relaxing, pleasant things like reading or talking on the phone. Stress is usually the cause of cravings for sweets.
- Choose low-fat food alternatives and cooking methods.
- Homemade smoothies are a sensible alternative for breakfast when fresh vegetables or fruit are not available. But they are not a permanent replacement.
- At breakfast, avoid croissants, drinks with high-fat milk such as latte macchiato or white bread.
- Eat a portion of salad before the main course. It fills your stomach. Or drink a large glass of non-carbonated water before eating. Water boosts energy consumption by up to 30 percent for a short time.
- Choose starch- and fibre-rich foods such as brown rice, whole-grain pasta, potatoes and vegetables as the main course.
- Eat on small plates, scoop smaller portions and add more if necessary.
- In between, put the cutlery away and take short breaks.
- Stop eating when you are full. Some modesty is in order today. In some countries it is even considered rude to eat everything.
- Skip dessert if you’re full. Finish the meal with a coffee, espresso or tea.
- Eat slowly, chew well and enjoy. The feeling of satiety only sets in after about 15 to 20 minutes. Eating leisurely is a highly recommended habit if you want to lose weight.
- Drink in small sips, do not wash down the food with the drinks. Prefer calorie-free or at least low-calorie drinks.
- Stop counting calories. Even high-quality foods have energy, for example whole grain products.
- Concentrate on the food and don’t be distracted by the television, radio or newspaper.
- After eating, put away dishes and leftover food and don’t leave anything edible lying around in plain sight.
- Don’t take one-off slip-ups too seriously. It’s not the individual day that matters, but the weekly balance. Losing several pounds doesn’t happen in one day.
- Plan your favourite foods, they are part of it – just not too often and not too much. When you avoid foods that you enjoy eating, the lure of the forbidden arises. One day you’ll catch up and take action.
How does one persevere?
Regardless of your eating habits, there are everyday tricks that will make it easier to lose weight healthily and help you keep going.
- Only eat in a specific place, for example, only in the dining room.
- When inviting, leave the glass of alcohol half full so that the host cannot refill it so quickly. Beer or Wine are not exactly low in calories.
- Learn to say “No, thank you.”
- Do not overheat your home; heat loss also means energy consumption.
- Move daily!
The following also help you lose weight:
- Ongoing care from your family doctor, who checks the risk factors and motivates you to continue.
- Involvement in a self-help group and support from family and friends.
Healthy snacking list
A chocolate bar, a cup of pudding or a sweet piece from the bakery: snacks between meals can become a calorie trap. Therefore, pay attention to healthy snacks in between that are suitable for losing weight. This includes:
- Skyr or low-fat natural yogurt with fresh fruit
- Apple, pear or berries
- Celery sticks
- Kale Chips
- Dark chocolate
- Chia pudding
UAE at a Glance
From the bustling markets of Dubai to the traditional eateries in Abu Dhabi, there’s a growing awareness of the importance of the right nutrition and weight management here in the UAE.
Achieving weight loss while embracing the culinary delights is about making informed choices. By blending traditional flavours with modern nutritional insights, individuals can manage their health and embark on a journey towards a healthier, more balanced lifestyle in this culturally rich region.