HanseMerkur and HM Trust AG sign UN PRI Commitment concerning the United Nations Responsible Investment Policy
On May 1, 2020, HanseMerkur and its Asset Management Subsidiary HM Trust AG signed the Six Principles of the United Nations for Responsible Investing (PRI). Both companies are committed to an investing behavior that takes account of the financial relevance of ecological and social criteria as well as questions of good corporate governance and paves the way to a more sustainable global financial system. The ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) criteria already take into account more than 3,000 signatories from 60 countries in the international PRI network.
This means that in future the HanseMerkur investment process will include the ESG sustainability criteria much more clearly in the insurance and asset management processes. This addresses personal responsibility as well as social and customer expectations as well as political and regulatory requirements or changing opportunities and risks on the capital market. Membership in the PRI network is also a commitment to a transparent demonstrable sustainability orientation. This includes an initial report on the status quo of the investment and an annual progress report and controls whether the PRI signatories follow the development commitment towards more sustainability and how the investment portfolio develops according to ESG criteria.
“After HM Trust AG had already been awarded the coveted FNG quality seal by the Forum for Sustainable Investments for its sustainable retail funds in previous years, we are pleased to be taking a further step towards a comprehensive sustainability orientation in the investment process by subscribing to the UN PRI to go, ”says Raik Mildner, Asset Management Board Member of HanseMerkur and Chairman of the Board of HM Trust AG. “By integrating ESG criteria into investment products and processes, we support our stakeholders in an early phase of transformation in order to help them shape the change in society and the real economy towards a low-carbon and resource-saving future.”
UN PRI: The six principles for responsible investing
- We will include ESG topics in the analysis and decision-making processes in the investment area.
- We will be active shareholders and take ESG issues into account in our investment policy and practice.
- We will encourage companies and entities in which we invest to adequately disclose ESG issues.
- We will drive acceptance and implementation of the principles in the investment industry.
- We will work together to increase our effectiveness in implementing the principles.
- We will report on our activities and progress in implementing the principles.